Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. Theresa Parish:
The theme of our St. Theresa Feast this year was simply "Welcome." You will see at the entrance of the church the Feast banners with the word "Welcome" surrounded by the translation of that word into many languages. I think that is a symbol of what St. Theresa's Parish is supposed to be, indeed what is has been for so many past years -- a place of welcome.
We welcome so many people:
- We welcome the families who come here with their children, looking for an excellent school, as school where their children will not only be taught, but will be loved;
- We welcome our older parishioners, the "pioneers" of our parish, many of whom have lived here for so many years, many of whom were married here, had their children baptized here, and most importantly have come here Sunday after Sunday to Mass giving the Lord praise and thanks;
- We welcome those who visit our church perhaps after years of "being away", looking for a spiritual home and who hopefully find it here;
- We welcome those who are new to our community, those who come here now with the same aspirations that people years ago came here for-- a good place in which their children can grow up, a place where Church is an important part of their lives, a place where they can know their neighbors and treasure their community.
- We welcome people of every ethnic background, every race, every way of life, realizing that whoever we are, however we look, we are all the children of God joined in His family.
This is what St. Theresa's Parish is all about--a place of welcome. We invite you to come and join us. See about our parish, particularly recent events in our church and school on this website. This website tells a story of welcome of which we are very proud. Then come and see at Sunday Mass, come and see at our various gatherings, come and simply drop by the church. Come and visit one of our priests at the rectory. If you do, I think you will understand what our banner means when it says simply "Welcome." We hope you will take up our invitation.
Meanwhile, just remember: Welcome!
God bless you!
Fr. Thomas B. Derivan